Monday, July 16, 2012

Things are happening!

Sometimes you just gotta make things happen. I've been waiting for something exciting for years, And I feel it in my gut that it's right around the corner. In the meantime, I've pushed through on a goal of mine, and (Yay!) the ball is rolling on my TREASURE IN THE FLAME manuscript! I'm soooooooooooooooo excited! (insert copious exclamation points!!!!)

I'll admit it was a hard decision to make, but I decided to self pub this manuscript, while still working toward traditional publication with two others. I need to DO SOMETHING. Move forward. Advance. Get GOING.

So what's happening right now?

1. I've sent the manuscript off for final proofreading. It should be back any day now (thanks Wendy!).

2. My cover artist is scheduled to start work on my cover THIS WEEK! (Thanks Tabatha and Streetlight Graphics!)

And after that, it's just format, upload and VOILA! Novel is ready for purchase!

Okay, I realise nothing is that easy, and it's not going to happen overnight. But it's happening. And why? Because of me. Because I wanted it to happen. How liberating is that? Sometimes in my life of giving, giving, giving-- whether it be through my work, my kids, my husband's career, or the needs of our farm-- it's hard to remember my own goals. My own dreams. They generally get swept under the rug, and that's okay, because that's the type of person I am. I LIKE to see other people succeed because I held them up.

But every once in a while, it's nice to work on something that's just me. And that's what my writing is. It's me. It's mine. And by the end of the summer, I'll have physical, palpable, hold-in-my-hand proof that my dreams can come true. I can't wait to show you.

Stay tuned! TREASURE IN THE FLAME coming soon!

Brenda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after moderation.

Brenda