Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hello from New York!

New York City skyline
Thanks to a wonderful combination of circumstances, I'm blogging from the Big Apple this morning! What an awesome adventure! I'm here for a few days, mostly sight-seeing but also fitting in a few visits and writing related things. I've even conquered the NY Subway system, and managed to get myself downtown without incident. I walked...and walked...and walked, and I am very, very grateful for a good pair of shoes and a good sense of direction.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to meet the fabulous Jennifer Mishler and Frances Black of Literary Counsel...AKA my agents! 


L to R: Jennifer, Me, Fran
We had a great chat, inhaled some caffeine, discussed the virtues of coffee over tea (sorry Fran) and talked a teensy tiny bit of shop. I am so fortunate to have these two amazing ladies on my side, helping me navigate the winding but very rewarding road of publishing. They are exactly the fit I was looking for--proof that good things come to those who wait! I am so looking forward to working together and turning our challenges into successes! Go Team LC!

Brenda




7 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to NYC! :) Glad you're enjoying it and looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yelena! New York City is so much fun. Having a great time. Can't wait to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee over tea? Jenn must have been thrilled! Alas, you will be in the presence of tea drinkers today...come to the dark side! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo! Neverrrrr! Thanks for the great chat today Tina!

      Delete
  4. Awesome pic! Sorry, I'm on TEAM TEA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops! I'm not Anonymous...ALICE here! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOooooo! Not Team Tea! Well, we coffee drinkers will forgive you, Alice!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after moderation.

Brenda