Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: SKIN Sequel



I've been typing away at SKIN #2, tentatively called SWIM, and it's going surprisingly well. This sequel thing is not my forté, but I hope to keep picking away at it to get the sequel out this year. 

We'll see. 

Ocean and Sam are back, but there's all sorts of trouble in selkie-land, A.K.A. Prince Edward Island. Starting with Ocean's mom. Here's a sneak peek: 

“What is the problem tonight?”
He’s beautiful sitting there in the dim porch light, freckles barely showing. 
“You,” I say.
“Me?”
“Yes, you. It seems she’s having second thoughts about my ‘involvement’ with a nasty Black.”
His grin stays, but the corners of his eyes shift. He doesn’t like to be associated with his father. 
“Well, that is a problem.” He faces the water, the lilt in his voice coming out more because he’s upset. Like Irish music playing to the tune of his emotions.
“I told her I wasn’t an ‘involvement’,” I say.
This catches him, and he turns back to face me again. “No?”
I try not to smile. 
“No. Involvement is too businesslike. I told her it was lust.” 

If only life could stay that simple, huh? Don't worry, things don't stay fun and simple for long. I'm 165 pages in, and Ocean and Sam are in a lovely mess. Unfortunately you'll have to wait to find out what that means. 



Enjoy your day!

Brenda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after moderation.

Brenda