Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Word-tease.

Was reading over my completed manuscript, SKIN, and this little bit asked me to share it with you....so here you go.



The sun has now set behind us but in front of us, beyond the beach, a huge orange moon is erupting from the waves. It slowly peeks over the horizon and then explodes above the ocean like an atomic balloon, up and up until it frees itself from the world and floats alone. I’m mesmerized.

I flick my eyes over to Sam to see if he is seeing this but he’s not looking through the window. He’s looking at me.

“You don’t see a lot of moonrises in the city,” he says.

“No, not like this.”

He’s studying my face. I’m too shy to study him back, so I fiddle with the hem on my skirt.

“I…I never thought to look,” I finally say to fill the silence.

“You should. The moon is important, it orchestrates the tides.”



Ah...but why would the moon be important? Why would Sam care about the tides? And that, my friends, you will have to find out another time.

Happy Hump Day!

Brenda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after moderation.

Brenda