Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas is coming!

Christmas preps are in full swing and I've been having a great time sharing my story with others this week! I hired a PR guy (*cough* my husband *cough*) and he has been a huge help in getting the word out to everyone! He even got me a spot in the local paper!

On Thursday morning I was fortunate enough to have a chance to talk to Drew and Diana at Star 97.5 in Kemptville on their morning show! It was a lot of fun chatting about my book and how it came into being. I even left a signed copy for them to give away, so stay tuned if you live in the Kemptville area! You can find out more here.  I also did a taped interview for 1310 news/ Y101 in Ottawa. My PR guy had suggested I call them and set up a time...so I did so from the side of the road on my cell phone. I was completely cought off guard when the call turned into an interview! Y101 covers most of Eastern Ontario...so if you heard it, please know that I was in my truck on the side of the road as I spoke with them. Yeah, I learned my lesson! Always be prepared when talking to the media! I believe they ran it yesterday, and again this morning.

Today, December 1st, I will be signing books from 11:30 to 2:30 at Mirick's Landing in Merrickville as part of Christmas in Merrickville celebrations.  You can find out more here. And tomorrow I will be doing the same thing at the Jack Purcell Centre in Ottawa (just off of Elgin street) as part of the Ottawa Authors and Artisans Fair. Info is here. I'm looking forward to attending both events-- and maybe get some of my Christmas shopping done!

Also a gentle reminder...If you'd like to buy a book off of my website (Paypal button to the right of this post), the best time to do so is before December 7th. I can't guarantee that the books will get there before Christmas if you order later than that, and I'd hate for it to arrive late!

Hope you are all enjoying the build up to the holiday season. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my favourite people in the world...my family...as the big day approaches. And maybe even read a book that I didn't write! Any good suggestions? 

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after moderation.

Brenda